We provide two types of licensing: Standard License and Extended License. Alessandro Cancian Photography retains all rights to the Content, including copyright, title, and all other intellectual property rights. The Client agrees that, except for the rights expressly granted by Alessandro Cancian Photography under this Agreement, no rights in any Content are granted to the Client at any time.
Alessandro Cancian Photography agrees to a limited transfer of granted rights between a Client authorized to purchase on behalf of another or between a Client and a third party, where the third party is integral to the creation of the final Work (for example, a printer, designer, or social media manager), provided those parties agree to the terms of this Agreement.
Our One Time Use License
Subject to all terms of this Agreement, Alessandro Cancian Photography grants the Client a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable license in the Content; and the Client may use the Content in the creation of Works and modify, reproduce, transmit, or display the Content.
Without the purchase of an Extended License the Client may not allow the Content to be accessed by more than one user, use Content in a template or on-demand product, or for any other use not expressly granted in this section.
The Standard License allows use in:
- advertising, editorial, and promotional projects, up to 500,000 hard copies. This includes but is not limited to promotional materials, product packaging, book covers, presentations, catalogues, magazines, or newspapers;
- online, electronic, and mobile publications and applications for an unlimited number of impressions. This includes but is not limited to websites, e-book covers, online album or playlist covers, broadcast media, and mobile application or video game backgrounds or elements where the content is not contributing to the core value; or
- any social media platform, but where no modification is made to the photograph or video, an attribution must accompany the social media post with specific mention of the original Artist’s name (Alessandro Cancian Photography). We asks that you consider properly embedding Content or limiting the filesize of Content posted to social media as a best practice to protect the artist’s copyright.
Unless otherwise declared as ‘Extended License’, all media available on this site is licensed under the Standard license, including our Editorial media.
Our Extended License
Our Extended license expands on our One Time use license in the following ways:
- In any manner permitted under a Standard Image License, without any limitation on the number of reproductions, impressions, or budget;
- Incorporated into merchandise intended for sale or promotional distribution (collectively “Merchandise”), including, without limitation, textiles, artwork, magnets, wall-art, calendars, toys, stationery, greeting cards, and any other physical reproduction for resale or distribution, provided that such Merchandise incorporates material creative or functional elements apart from the Image(s).
- In wall art (and without requiring further creative or functional elements) for decorative purposes in a commercial space owned by you or your client, and not for sale.
- Incorporated as elements of digital templates for sale or distribution.
If the Standard or Enhanced Image licenses do not grant the rights you require please contact us.
- install or post a copy of the Stock Media on a network server or web server for use by other users;
- sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, gift or otherwise transfer or distribute the Stock Media or the rights granted under these terms;
- use any of the Stock Media as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo;
- use Stock Media identified as “Editorial Use Only”, for any commercial, promotional, endorsement, advertising or merchandising use. For clarification, in this Agreement “Editorial Use Only” of Stock Media means use relating to events that are newsworthy or of general interest and expressly excludes any advertorial sections (i.e. sections or supplements featuring brand and/or product names or sections or supplements in relation to which you receive a fee from a third-party advertiser or sponsor);
- remove any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the Stock Media
- use the Stock Media in a fashion that is considered by us or under applicable law to be pornographic, obscene, immoral, infringing, defamatory or libelous in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the Stock Media into disrepute;
- use the Stock Media in a way that places any person depicted in the Stock Media in a bad light or in a way that they may find offensive – this includes, but is not limited to, the use of images: a) in pornography, “adult videos” or the like; b) in ads or promotional materials for adult entertainment clubs or similar venues, or for escort, dating or similar services; and c) uses that are defamatory, or contain otherwise unlawful, offensive or immoral content. You may not use Stock Media containing the likeness of a person if such use implies that the model engages in any immoral or illegal activity or suffers from a physical or mental infirmity, ailment or condition;
- use Stock Media in a manner that competes with our business including, but not limited to, displaying Stock Media in any format (including thumbnails) for download or Export on a website or offering Stock Media for sale;
- use the Stock Media for editorial purposes without including the following credit adjacent to the Stock Media or in audio/visual production credits: ‘©AlessandroCancian’;
- incorporate the Stock Media in any product that results in a re-distribution or re-use of the Stock Media or is otherwise made available in a manner such that a person can extract or access or reproduce the Stock Media as an electronic file;
- to the extent that source code is contained within the Stock Media, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of such source code;
- se or display the Stock Media in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded, Exported or distributed via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement; or
- use or display Stock Media in such a manner that gives the impression that the Stock Media were created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of the Stock Media.
Please note that by purchasing a license to use the media on this site from us, you acknowledge that no transfer of copyright exists, and you are purchasing a license to use the media as per the terms set out in this agreement.
For any uses not listed here, or for questions regarding our licensing please contact us.